Beginners are always welcome. Please plan to arrive 30-45 minutes early, so you have time to practice with the equipment.
Parking is in the lot off West Street. We do have a loading zone close to the door. Pull up, unload and then go park your car. Please arrive 10 minutes before class starts to get set-up.
Questions? Email: KathleenATSalemStitchesDOTcom
COLLAGE QUILT CREATIVE DAY
CHOICE OF DAYS
Saturday, August 17: 10 am - 3:30 pm- FILLED Call for Wait List
Monday, September 16: 10 am - 3:30 pm
Join Heather and Elizabeth from Village Fabric Shop for a creative, fun day at Salem Stitches. Create YOUR Collage Quilt using a Laura Heine/Fiberworks pattern of your choice. Supplies and patterns available at workshop. Lunch and dessert break included.
Beginners welcome. Bring fabric scraps and pieces you love. You will "fussy cut" pieces and fuse them together for this wallhanging. A good way to let your creative juices flow! Come join us even if you have made a collage quilt... you never know what fabrics will be lurking in other stashes! Pick one session or better yet, plan to come to both!
Email Kathleen for details. Order pattern in advance or choose from selection at workshop. Supplies available for purchase. Sewing machines will not be needed until your project is complete and ready to sew borders and "quilt".
Color Wheel Hand Embroidery
Thursday, September 19
Thursday, October 17
Join us during our Thursday evening "Sip & Stitch" (4-8 pm) and get started with hand embroidery! Learn/practice 14 basic and advanced stitches while making a color wheel to display.
Individual instruction means you can show up after 4 pm and we will have a kit ready for you to start stitching. Bring a snack & drink (we will have tea & coffee) and prepare to have fun.
Workshop includes pattern, thread collection and all supplies, including a German made wood frame suitable for display. You will also receive a free pass to a second Third Thursday "Sip & Stitch" to work on other embroidery projects with the thread collection we start you off with.
Kit fee includes "Sip & Stitch" nominal charge.
"Sip & Stitch" Third Thursday
November 14 (date change due to Thanksgiving)
Third Thursdays from 4 - 8 pm. Come for an hour or come for 4!
Bring your own project or grab one off the wall and stitch with us. Embroider, knit, crochet, sew, quilt – any project you would like to work on. Help is available for most projects.
We'll have coffee and tea. Bring a snack or drink if you like and join us for social time while you finish or start a project.
Owl Needle Case Kit
Reserve a kit!
- Designer Cherry Guidry of Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio will cover the techniques for this adorable Owl needle case that measures 8" x 7" closed in the Friday & Saturday workshops. Choose Blue or Pink fabric kit.
Tuffet Weekend with Sharyn Deposit OCT 26-27
Get a head start on your Holiday gift sewing... Make a TUFFET– the fabric footstool everyone loves!
Join us for a Tuffet Weekend with Sharyn Cole, the energetic force behind the tuffet craze and founder of Tuffet Source! This 2 day workshop to be held at Salem Stitches in Old Salem, near downtown Winston Salem, North Carolina is a rare treat for tuffet fans!
- Weekend price includes instruction and demos conducted by Sharyn herself, complete with her personal tips & techniques. ALSO INCLUDES a complete tuffet kit including feet, pattern with printed foundation, AND other tuffet patterns including the "Tuffet for a Season" slipcover pattern and goodies (over $250 worth). All you need to bring is fabric, sewing supplies and a machine (or reserve one of ours). Short supply list sent in September.
- All tools, ironing and cutting stations supplied for your use.
- Catered meals from extraordinary local caterers for Saturday lunch & dinner and Sunday lunch. Plus pastries and coffee in the mornings. Snacks, drinks and treats!
- Spaces are limited... sign up soon! Small class means lots of personal attention!
- Imagine a weekend of sewing! Each "tuffetteer" will have a large 6 foot table of their own for the weekend. Leave everything spread out...it’s secure when you leave for the night.
- Early Bird arrival Friday for those who want to set up early and be ready to go. We will be there to answer questions and you might even get a little sewing on other projects done! All this for only $510. Balance will be invoiced